Thursday, September 25, 2008

Biking on Bornholm

This past weekend I went to the island of Bornholm with DIS. The island is located in the Baltic Ocean between Sweden, Denmark, Poland and Germany.

We departed Copenhagen on Friday the 19th at 23:30 from the ferry terminal. We then set sail for the island of Bornholm. We arrived at 06:00 very sleep deprived. We were then bussed to the youth hostel and fed breakfast. After breakfast they gave us mountain bikes and we were set loose to explore the island and all that it has to offer. On Saturday we biked north to the tip of the island, and on Sunday we biked south to where they have a very nice white sandy beach. Our weather was ideal and I had a great time exploring this island. Highlights include: the baltic, the microbreweries scattered throughout the island, the round churches, the pancakes, the glass (they use their own sand to make the most beautiful glass i've seen), and so much more.

Arrival in Bornholm 06:00
Amanda . Anthony . David . CJ . Tim

The Northern Tip of Bornholm

Lunch on Saturday

1 of 4 famous Round Churches

The Southern Sand
We're sooo excited!

We departed Bornholm Sunday night at 23:30 and arrived back in Copenhagen at 06:00 on Monday morning, then I had class at 08:30! I took a nap after class on Monday, but it turned into sleep because I didn't wake up until the next morning! Overall, Bornholm was amazing!

As I type this entry I am packing my bags again because in 4 hours I will be departing Copenhagen for Munich, Germany with Alex (roommate from Cal Poly who studies at CBS). We are going to Oktoberfest and meeting friends from Cal Poly, Brandon, Nate and Allison. I'm so excited! Well, I have to eat dinner and finish packing - have a great weekend and I'll be sure to drink a beer for each and everyone of you!

No comments: