Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jet-Setting

Well, I made it to Copenhagen! woohoo! -- it is 17:00 on the 23rd of August (08:0 LA time), and I have officially been awake for 24 hours! My flight to London was slightly delayed, but the pilots made up the time due to a swift tail wind. I had a 2 hour layover in London-Heathrow, which is a very cool airport:

London-Heathrow Terminal 5

My second flight was a puddle-jumper to Copenhagen (1.5 hours). As we made our final descent into Copenhagen I looked out the window and saw thick clouds and rain drops - the weather will definitely take some getting-use-to. After picking up my bags, I exchanged some USD's for some DKK's or as I like to call it: Pocket Kroner. Also in baggage claim, as I was standing next to a Danish couple, an announcement came over the public address: "attention BA flight 0278 passengers, there will be a 15 - 20 minute delay delivering your bags to the baggage claim due to the weather, sorry for the inconvenience." I was waiting for everyone to start complaining and swearing, but to my surprise everyone was ok with the delay and I overheard the couple next to me saying they were going to go grab a coffee while they "happily" waited for their bags. I then remembered that I was in the "happiest" country. I'm looking forward to the day I meet an unhappy Dane.
Baggage Claim **note the neon sign!

I'm staying at the airport Hilton tonight-- and tomorrow marks the first day of my study abroad program here in Copenhagen. This coming week is packed with orientation events so I will do my best to keep the blog up to date!

view from the hotel room

No comments: